Thursday, October 4, 2018

Purple Prose

It's been a busy year with a busy toddler, and I haven't had much time for daily paintings, but the stars have aligned and I'm back at the easel -- in my dad's studio! My kids and I are State-side for the fall, and the Double Dutch Painters are officially in residence. 

My first painting in months, was inspired by the exquisite work of Fi Chappelle at Fich Ceramics -- this beguiling bunch of purple tulips in her hand-thrown bud vase:



The simple shapes and creamy colors of her pieces are like candy to me. She doesn't know it yet, but I may need to paint more of her pots...



"Purple Prose"
10 x 10 inches
oil on canvas

$200 (+$10 shipping)


SOLD


(original photo image and ceramic bud vase by Fi Chappelle, go take a look at her site!)



*

No comments:

Post a Comment